The Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2022, originally scheduled for June 29 to July 1, will be postponed due to the local COVID-19 resurgence, its organizer said.
“We continue to work with health and government authorities on the delivery of the next safe and successful MWC Shanghai,” the GSM Association said in a statement on Wednesday.
Last year’s MWC Shanghai attracted approximately 25,000 participants from 114 countries and regions, and another 175,000 people viewed presentations and other program components online, making it Asia’s most influential event for the connectivity industry.
MWC Shanghai has grown into a three-day event, attracting senior executives and companies from a wide range of vertical industry sectors to the region, according to John Hoffman, CEO of GSMA.
He said that the association will crack the code on how to bring people together as soon as possible, and it will remain committed to communication.