How to create WeChat Official Account for foreigners
Don’t let a third-party company fools you. You don’t need to pay them for registering WeChat official account. Keep that in mind. Before we get started, you need to know that the overseas WeChat official account is only available for companies, not individuals. But WeChat official account is available for both companies and individuals in China.
Create WeChat official account
Step 1: Go to WeChat official account registration page.
Here is the link to go to WeChat Official account registration page directly.
Step 2: Change the language to English and click on”Register Now”.
Step 3: Fill in the Basis information.
Email: The Email addresses may only be used to register for a single account. This email address will be used to log in to the platform and must not have been previously used to register or bind a personal WeChat account, Subscription Account, Service Account, Mini Program, Enterprise Account, or Open Platform account.
Email verification code: Click on “Send code” and then enter CAPTCHA to send verification code to your email.
Password: The password is Letters, figures or English symbols, and shall be at least 8-digit and case sensitive.
Step 4: Select your country.
Select your country or organization’s current region. At the current time, the platform only supports registration from companies in the following regions.
Step 5: Select an account type in order to register.
For foreigners, WeChat only offers a Service account for foreigners to use. The Subscription account is unable for foreigners so far. If you’re Chinese residents or live in China with passport, then you can create The Subscription account with or without business license.
Step 6: Fill in your company or organization information.
Company type: Company or Sole proprietorship. The company includes enterprises, branch organizations, corporate brands, etc. You should be aware that Sole proprietorship can create 2 official accounts at most.
Company Name: Must match the company name listed on the business license or business registration certificate issued by the local government. After a successful review of the information, the company’s name can not be modified.
Business license number: Enter a 15-digit business license number or 18-digit unified social credit identifier.
After that, you need to fill in the Administrator’s information.
The Admin’s name on the identity card requires you to enter an official account administrator’s name shown on personal ID.
As for the administrator’s identity card number, each card number can only be used to register five official accounts.
Step 7: WeChat official account’s name.
WeChat official account verification
After completing WeChat authentication, you may successfully create an official account.
As the authenticity of the entity is not verified, you are temporarily unable to use the broadcasting function of the Official Account Platform. Please apply for WeChat authentication as soon as possible. If you apply for WeChat authentication within 30 days, your official account will be canceled.
That said, you won’t be able to send any broadcasts until you verify your official account.
1. Go to WeChat Official Account Platform admin dashboard and Enable Verification
You will find “WeChat Verification” under “Settings” on the left menu. You need to click on that and enable Verification.
2. Company info
- Scope of business
- The name of the business Bank account
- Bank account number
- Name of company legal representative
- Registered company’s office address
- Registered company’s office phone number
3. Validate contact information
The contact information is only used for the verification review. For that reason, I recommend you using the contact method of the actual operator for the review.
NOTE: the contact person will not be changed to the administrator after successfull verification. And please make all changes to the administrator in the “Security Center”.
- Contact person name: we will call the contact person during the verification process.
- Mobile phone number: for contacting during verification process.
- Verify with SMS code: The code is vilad for 10 minuminutes.
- Email address:
- Contact person Landline: Separate the area code,telephone and extension number with “-“. And the landline is used when you cannot be reached your mobile phone.
- Passport number:
4. Upload Certificate documents
- Business license,Registration, Certificate or Commercial license. the format requires original photo, scanned documents, or photocopies stamped with the official seal.
- Official Verification letter: download the appilication form by clicking “Apply for official verification letter”. And then upload it.
- Operator mobile phone statement: The content of statement including the name of the mobile phone user, phone number, nad payment records from the last three months.
- Company contact’s ID/Passport/Driving license copies
5. Review your official account name
The official account naming principles: The name can not be repeated with other account names used on the platform or it will not pass the account review.
Naming methods: You can choose one of three methods, Trademark name, Media name, and Optional vocabulary.
6. Pay the fee
After every is done and uploaded documents, all you need to do is pay a $99 fee to finish verification. There are two payment options.
- WeChat Pay
- Credit Card payment
Please note that if you are using Credit Card payment, make sure the payment account match with your company’s bank account.
If you have any questions, please comment below or contact me. Thank you!